Healthy banana choc chip loafNext Post Recipes Back
We have been making this banana choc chip loaf on repeat the past few weeks. It just so happens to be low in sugar and grain-free and dairy-free too.
I started baking without refined-sugar when we were trying to conceive Elijah. I had PCOS so I cut out refined sugar to help regulate my blood sugar levels & my hormones.
Five years later, I’m in love with low-sugar snacks and treats. I feel better after eating them, and it’s easy to bake and feed the kids this type of food most of the time. You can turn this loaf into muffins using a cupcake tin and bake for about 18 minutes. Recipe makes about 12 small muffins.
Tip: use bananas with black spots to bake. The riper the bananas the sweeter the taste.
What you need
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup choc chips
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda // bicarb soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 350 F // 180 C.
2. Mix almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. In a second mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add in the eggs and mix together.
4. Add coconut oil to bananas and eggs. If you need to melt the oil, put in a separate bowl and place in the oven for a couple of minutes. Be careful when taking it out of the oven as the bowl will be very hot!
5. Pour almond flour mixture into the mixing bowl with the eggs, oil and bananas.
6. Add chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
7. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
8. Pour in mixture.
9. Bake on 350 F // 180 C for 20 minutes, or until you can pierce it with a fork and it comes out clean.